Follow these 10 healthy hints to feel better, look fit and be more healthy. Each hint is designed to give you more energy, lose weight and build muscle tone. These three combined will make you a more healthy person.
1. Exercise at least one-half hour each day. A walk, a bike ride or a swim can really help your overall health.
2. Your body needs at least six hours of peaceful sleep every day. This rest allows your body to rebuild cells, focus energy and replenish itself with necessary nutrients. A restful sleep is a key to feeling better.
3. Eat a diet that is well-rounded with healthy fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean meats. Eat high-fat foods in moderation, and minimize salt intake.
4. Feel good about yourself. Smile. Say hello to people. A sunshine attitude goes a long way toward feeling better.
5. Dump the cigarettes and cigars. Both contribute to heart disease and breathing problems.
6. Don’t overdo it with alcohol. A glass of wine or a beer is fine. More than that is asking for trouble.
7. Learn how to control stress. Too much stress can tax your body and cause health problems, including tension and pain. Listening to music, taking a stroll and breathing exercises help to relieve stress and gain control over everyday irritations.
8. Get outside and breathe in fresh air. Let the sun warm you. These are both free sources of energy for your well-being. Take a friend along, and find something to enjoy and laugh about. This activity is one of nature’s great attitude adjusters.
9. Get some variety in life, and try an alternative exercise. Practice a yoga position, learn Tai Chi or take a fencing course. Remember, variety is the spice of life.
10. Being healthy is the natural state of the body. Carry that thought with you.
Practice these 10 healthy hints, and be assured that your well-being will increase